|Annual CWC Seminars
Each year CWC holds a seminar with a guest expert in woodworking. Seminars are usually held in February or April.
Recent past seminar speakers have included:
- Marc Adams, Master Woodworker and Teacher as well as owner of the largest hands-on woodworking school in the world, presented a seminar on The Fundamentals of Woodworking (March 20th, 2010). Popular Woodworking Magazine teamed with us to provide facilities for this seminar.
- Keith Neer, Master Woodworker and CWC member, presented a seminar on Power Tool Setup and Safe Use (April 25th, 2009). Mueller Woodworking Supply – 101 E. Benson, Reading, Ohio, teamed up with us to host this seminar.
- Bob Flexner, well-known author and finishing expert, presented a two-day seminar entitled "Flexner on Finishing" (April 12-13, 2008). Popular Woodworking Magazine teamed with us to provide facilities for this seminar.
- 2007 Seminarama - This was a "hands-on" exercise conducted by members for members. 21 of our members opened their shops to host groups of varying sizes on 18 different topics. The time period ranged from Thursday to Sunday, April 19-22, 2007.
- Ernie Conover, author of The Router Table Book (February, 2006)
- Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild -- demonstrations by Master Turners (February, 2005)
- Kelly Mehler, author of The Tablesaw Book. (February, 2004)
- Glen Huey, author of Fine Furniture for a Lifetime and Building Fine Furniture. (April, 2003)
Other past speakers have included:
- Scott Philips, host of PBS television's The American Woodshop,
- Jeff Jewitt - finishing techniques
- Marc Adams of the Marc Adams School of Woodworking, and
- Lonnie Bird, author of The Shaper Book.